Monday, August 06, 2007

bloc party.

Bloc party was playing at the Hordern Pavilion last Saturday. Brian, my sister and I went to it after having dinner at Ayam Goreng, a Indonesian/Malaysian restaurant in Kingsford.

I was pretty impressed with the food: ayam bakar, satay, kangkung. Even the sambal was genuinely hot! The satay and kangkung wasn't cheap though. $7 for each dish and I think there were only 5 satay sticks (yes, I'm comparing to Malaysia). The ayam bakar was $6.50, which was pretty reasonable in my opinion. Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the dishes as I was too lazy and incredibly hungry.

So we headed to Fox Studios after dinner. The support band was Midnight Juggernauts. Music was alright, but the singing was kinda weird. The keyboardist made attempts to dance while playing the keyboard, but it looked like he was humping it instead.

Bloc Party was absolutely great. Great lighting, sound and interaction with the crowd. The drummer took off his shirt and was pretty much playing shirtless throughout the show. He didn't really have a good body though, some fluff on his chest and had lanky arms. Oh well, he's the Bloc Party drummer after all so I guess he could pull it off.

Here are some photos:


3 comments:

~Carina~ said...

eh, where are all the photos of me?? :P

Danny Ng said...

you're not cool enough :P

red | hongyi said...

What!?
SO BAD!!!
>:(

Project Playlist