Thursday, January 11, 2007

Firefox rox, IE is evil!

Urgh...I'm so frustrated creating web applications at work that works perfectly fine on Firefox but stuffs up on IE. Darn Microsoft, why you gotta go make things complicated!?!

Anyways, I'm just venting out my frustration here because I don't get why Firefox can get the value from the hidden field, __EVENTARGUMENT while IE can't seem to get it. I mean, they both work fine with __EVENTTARGET but for some retarded reason the other doesn't work. This happens after I call JavaScript's postback method, __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument).

Oh how I wish Microsoft's IE market dominance fall below 1% and Firefox gained 99% of it. Then I don't have to create web applications to cater to IE's lameness! Argh, how I wish.

EDIT:

Well I've managed to fix the bug! Apparently for each postback that occurs on the page, ASP.NET calls the postback function and set's the id of the control that triggered it to __EVENTTARGET. However, I still don't get why __EVENTARGUMENT is not accessible though. Perhaps the value gets overwritten due to postback in IE, and thus would explain why I'm not getting the values I passed to it. Weird though how it works fine in Firefox and not IE. Instead I created my own hiddenfield in the aspx and used that to store my value obtained from JavaScript's prompt box. Viola! Works like a charm.

0 comments:

Project Playlist