Sunday, May 13, 2007

Skype Me!

So I went out on a electronics splurge today. Woke up at 9.45am after suffering from the cold night. I thought I had frostbite on my toes as I only had my summer blanket on (blanket with holes). Perhaps I should get out my dooner tonight. Weather's getting cold. Anyways, went out with Nath to get a 7-port usb 2.0 hub and a Philips VOIP 321 cordless phone. Cost me $145 all up.

Turns out that I need a telephone line connected to the base component for it to perform as a normal telephone as well. Thought I could call out normally through the usb connection. Guess I was wrong. Too bad that I've only got one working telephone socket at my place and the rest are duds. Hopefully Rach (my house mate) will go into bitch mode and hassle the real estate agent to fix it up.

The reason for the sudden splurge was that I wanted to try out this VoIP technology which I've been hearing so much of. I've also made a Skype account, so add me if you're on Skype as well! If you're a random, most likely I won't authorise you. I've already got 2 random people from China trying to add me on Skype ever since I put on my Skype widget on this blog.

Princess, I didn't know you made VoIP phones? Very impressive.
:)

[edit] - 14/05/07

Oh mad! Figured out how to make outgoing calls with my Skype credits and I don't need a telephone line. Turns out that I just needed to add the numbers I want to call out in my Skype contacts so that my phone can retrieve it.

People have said the sound quality is pretty good and it seems pretty decent to me as well. So far so good.

[/edit]

3 comments:

red | hongyi said...

Nani?!

I thought I told you about it a long time ago! :D

red | hongyi said...

spam spam spam spam spam :P

imu!

Danny Ng said...

:)

Project Playlist