Thursday, May 10, 2007

USB Ass Stinger!

Argh!!! My recently acquired usb stick died again, along with my important files that I forgot to backup (ie. resumes, cover letters, job application details etc.). The stick was brand new too! This is the second time my ass has been bitten by my stupidity of not backing up every single file. I bought an 320gb external hard drive a couple of weeks ago after my first ill experience. I suspect my university computer labs somehow zap my usb sticks with fluctuating higher than normal voltages as my usb stick felt hot after I plugged it in. My first one also died in my university computer labs. However, that's kind of dumb. Shouldn't usb stick devices have some kind of protection mechanism that stops higher than normal input voltages? Ah well...

Anyways, sorry I haven't been blogging much. I've been so busy with uni assignments/assessments and also recently went to CeBIT Australia 2007 at Darling Harbour since I work for the organisers. Will post pictures and all that another day. Just having my rant because of what happened today. Lucky my flip-flops are still intact.

Project Playlist