Thursday, October 11, 2007

Shanghai Day 1

Hi people. Been away for some time now. Kinda been busy. Or perhaps lazy.

Anyways, been a packed past few weeks. Went down to Melbourne to see my girl. That was fun. Will most pictures up later when I get back.

So yesterday was a big bummer. My work decided to meet at the airport 3 hours before the flight. When we arrived, we found out that our flight was delayed by 2 hours because of some taifun that was in Shanghai which resulted in the delay of the aircraft's departure. That meant we had 5 hours to kill.

To my dismay, I found out the hard way when I took my seat in the plane and there was no small tv screen in front of me. Instead there were communal screens in front of me. It was a rather lengthy flight. 10+ hours in total. Lucky I brought the last book of Harry Potter with me.

The air stewardess also performed some exercises for us accompanied by the tv screen where young chinese girls dressed in tights and pink singlets were demonstrating muscle exercises to prevent injuries during long flight periods. Looked pretty dodgy to me, hehe.

I don't know if you've ever experienced this, but during the entire flight, all the air stewardess were speaking to me in mandarin for obvious reasons. For one, I look asian. Gosh, it seemed so hard to be able to muster some mandarin out of me. Like rummaging through a drawer looking for something when it had been years since you opened it. I guess you could say I used a bit of 'chinglish' (chinese + english) to speak to them.

Anyways, I'll continue this another day. I'm so bloody tired now. Was actually blogging this to kill time so that Hong Yi would reply my messages to her to have a chat. Oh well...

P.S Shanghai seems cool. Very well developed, clean and full of life. Oh, I'll include photos/videos once I get back. Forgot to bring my camera cable. D'oh.

0 comments:

Project Playlist